Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Rest time: 2 hours
Yield: 6 portions
Meatloaf is a comforting dish, reminiscent for many of the home cooking of yesteryear. It's versatile, with flavours that can be customised to suit the most discerning palate! Time to enjoy a hearty meal that offers a taste experience that's easy to adapt to different occasions.
- 454 g (1 lb) lean ground beef
- 454 g (1 lb) lean ground pork
- 280 g ricotta cheese
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) breadcrumbs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) 10% cream
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Maison Orphée's Gingerbread mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 bunch finely chopped chives (30 g) + a few bits for garnish
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp.) salt, to taste
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) Maison Orphée's Gingerbread mustard
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine the cream and breadcrumbs, allow to swell, then add all the other meatloaf ingredients except the ground meat and mix well.
- Stir the ground meat into the mixture.
- Place meat mixture in a baking dish and shape into a loaf.
- Combine the two lacquer ingredients and coat the meatloaf.
- Bake for 90 minutes, or until the center is cooked.
A FEW TIPS
- Meatloaf is easier to slice once refrigerated.
- The cooking liquid can be thickened with cornstarch to make a delicious sauce. Want more? Reduce together 35% cooking cream and Gingerbread Mustard, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with potatoes, mashed carrots, grilled vegetables or peas!
- Got any meatloaf left over after dinner? It's downright decadent as a sandwich, with some Fresh Mayonnaise and more mustard!
Credits Studio Pub Photo