Recipe in collaboration with Science + Fourchette
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Yield: 12 portions
In our opinion, although most plant-based oils can be used in baking, we think canola oil is a top choice! After all, this oil has a flavour reminiscent of butter, which blends well with the other ingredients in this recipe.
Spices, chocolate, or vanilla bean, nothing stops you to try this recipe with your favourite flavours!
- 560 ml (2 1/4 cups) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) baking powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) ground cinnamon
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) ground nutmeg
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) salt
- 3 eggs
- 430 ml (1 3/4 cups) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla extract
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Maison Orphée's Organic Unrefined Canola Oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk or plant-based drink of your choice
- Place the rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Generously butter and flour a 2.5 to 3 litre (10 to 12 cups) Bundt cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla using a whisk or electric mixer for about 10 minutes or until the mixture whitens. It should triple in volume and form a ribbon. Slowly add the oil while whisking.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, until the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into the Bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Wait until the cake has cooled down before unmoulding it onto a wire rack.
Photo credits Science + Fourchette