Preparation time: 40 minutes
Waiting time : 1h30
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yield : 1 pizza
Friday night is pizza night! Here's a recipe that is sure to please smoked meat lovers. With this easy-to-make pizza, there's no need to call in for takeout.
For the dough
- 2 tsp. dry yeast (10 g)
- 150 ml warm water
- 2 cups type 00 pizza flour (250 g)
- 1 tsp. fine grey sea salt Maison Orphée
- 3 tbsp. olive oil Fruity Green Maison Orphée
For the filling
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cream, Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tbsp. organic turmeric mustard Maison Orphée
- 400 g smoked meat, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, cut into small pieces
- Cheddar to taste
- In a bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the warm water and let it swell for a few minutes.
- In a second bowl, sift flour and mix with salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and add the oil and the water and yeast mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until the flour is incorporated.
- Then use your hands to make a ball of dough and knead for about 5 minutes on a slightly floured surface.
- Oil the bowl you just used. Place the dough ball in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel. Place in the oven with the light on and the oven off. Add a cup of hot water to the oven rack to create a moist environment.
- Let the dough rise for an hour and a half.
- After this time, remove the plastic wrap or towel and deflate the dough with your fist. It is now ready to use!
- Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C)(Note 1).
- Shape the dough with a rolling pin or with your hands into a pizza about 12 inches in diameter. Place on parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the fresh cream and mustard and brush over the dough.
- In order, spread half the smoked meat, pickles, cheddar cheese, onions and remaining smoked meat.
- Place the pizza on an ovenproof baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the dough is golden brown(Note 2)
- Drizzle with mustard. To make it easier to spread, add a little olive oil to your mustard to make it more liquid.
- Cut and enjoy!
Note 1: For barbecuing, place a pizza stone on the grill. Preheat the barbecue to high.
Note 2: For barbecue cooking, place pizza on hot stone and close lid and cook until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes, maintaining 500 F (260 C) heat during cooking. Remove from heat.
Photo credits Stéfanie Crevier @le_refuge_soins_naturels and Debbie Barrette @debphotographer