Preparation time: 15 to 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 tacos for 4 people
If you like strawberries as much as we do, you'll be putting them EVERYWHERE!
And for a change from the classic strawberry crumble, here's a delicious way to enjoy this little red fruit: our brand new fish tacos with strawberry salsa recipe. A refreshing sweet and savoury combination, perfect for those hot summer evenings!
For fish and tacos
600-700g cod (or other white fish)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of balanced extra virgin olive oil Maison Orphée
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Fine grey sea salt Maison Orphée to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- 8 corn or wheat tortillas
- Optional: 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
For the strawberry salsa
- 1/2 small red onion or 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 and 1/2 cups mangoes, cubed
- 1 to 2 avocados, cubed
- For a spicy salsa: 1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs of your choice (coriander, parsley, etc.)
- 3 tbsp. balanced extra virgin olive oil Maison Orphée
- 2 tbsp. organic cider vinegar Maison Orphée (or more if desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine oil, spices, lime juice and zest. Add the cod and mix well into the marinade. Marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- While the fish is marinating, prepare the salsa by mixing all its ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until serving.
- Once the fish is ready, preheat your BBQ on medium heat (or your pan). Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on one side and then 1 to 2 minutes on the other side. Transfer to a large plate and let rest for a few minutes. When ready, divide the fish into equal pieces with a fork.
- Grill the tortillas on the BBQ or in a pan, about 20-30 seconds per side.
- Now to assemble: top the tortilla with Greek yogurt or sour cream, then fish and then salsa. If there is any salsa left over, share it as a side dish for you and your guests.
- Enjoy under the sun and in good company!
Photo credits Stéfanie Crevier @le_refuge_soins_naturels and Debbie Barrette @debphotographer