Preparation: 15 minutes
Servings: +/- 500ml BBQ sauce
Whether you're marinating your favourite protein or adding a sweet touch to your grilled meat, BBQ sauce is definitely a summertime essential. However, it often contains a long list of ingredients, some of which are impossible to pronounce! That's why we offer you our BBQ sauce recipe ''à la Maison Orphée'' made with healthy and natural ingredients, without compromising on flavours!
- 1/2 cupmaple syrup(preferably dark)
- 1/3 cup organic cider vinegar Maison Orphée
- 1/4 cup organic wholegrain mustard Maison Orphée
- 2 tbsp. Maison Orphée oil of your choice
- 2 to 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. organic Dijon mustard Maison Orphée
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder (or onion powder)
- 1 tsp. fine grey sea salt Maison Orphée
- +/- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (according to your preference)
- A good pinch of ground cinnamon
1. Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl until you get a smooth texture.
2. Pour into a Masson jar and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
3. Enjoy with your favourite summer recipes!
Photo credits Stéfanie Crevier @le_refuge_soins_naturels and Debbie Barrette @debphotographe