Preparation time: 15 minutes
Serving: 3 to 4 portions
We continue our "Women's Month" at Maison Orphée with Stefanie, VP Sales and her ''Clean-out-the-fridge'' Salad recipe.
Stefanie loves to make this salad on busy weekdays at lunchtime with whatever vegetables she has on hand. To save time, she prepares the quinoa, vegetables and dressing the day before. She assembles everything at lunchtime and ''voilà'': a tasty meal ready in only seconds.
It would appear that her boys love her hazelnut dressing so much that they finish all the vegetables on their plate!
A must-try for the whole family!
On the picture: Stefanie, Vice President Sales
Ingredients for the salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups cooked and diced beets (about 3-4 medium-sized beets)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup diced celery or daikon
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of toasted pine nuts
- Pepper to taste
Ingredients for the hazelnut dressing
- 1/4 cup hazelnut oil Maison Orphée
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. organic Dijon mustard Maison Orphée
- 1 tbsp. Maison Orphée organic wholegrain mustard
- Pinch of fine grey sea salt Maison Orphée
1. Bake or boil the beets. If baking, place rack in centre of oven preheated to 375°F. Wrap the beets in aluminum foil. Bake for about 60 minutes or when cooked to your liking. Once cooked, peel and dice the beets. Allow beets to cool at least 30 minutes before assembling the salad.
2. Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. One cup of dry quinoa will yield slightly more than 2 cups when cooked. Let cool and set aside.
3. Toast the pine nuts in a non-stick pan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once toasted, set aside immediately in a small container until ready to serve.
4. For the dressing, combine the honey, hazelnut oil and mustards in a Masson jar. Close and shake for about 30 seconds to mix ingredients.
5. Assemble the salad by mixing all its ingredients and the desired amount of dressing. Save some feta cheese and nuts for serving.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Notes: To save time in the kitchen, we invite you to prepare the vegetables, quinoa and dressing the day before. Just assemble when you want to!