Preparation time: 10 minutes
Yield 2 sandwiches
A great classic for potlucks or family meals is the tuna salad. It's a salad that can be eaten anywhere and is appreciated by young and old alike. It can be used with all kinds of sauces, as a sandwich, with a fresh salad or with pasta. We also suggest you our vegan version, prepared with chickpeas by here.
- 1 can tuna, drained (from eco responsible fishing)
- ¼ cup (65 ml) walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) green apple, diced
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) capers
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pickles, diced
- 8 quail eggs, hard-boiled
- Salt with herbs of Provence Maison Orphée, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp. of Fresh Mayonnaise Maison Orphée
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Cut the vegetables and fruits. Add a bit of lime on the apples.
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for 3 minutes, cool them in cold water, peel them and cut them in half.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- This tuna salad is perfect in a sandwich with toasted bread and tomatoes. You can also serve it in romaine lettuce leaves or with a pita bread. We also suggest trying it in a cold pasta salad.
Photo credits Stéfanie Crevier @le_refuge_soins_naturels and Debbie Barrette @debphotographe