Preparation time: 15 minutes
Yield Serving Size: 4 side dishes
Here's a pasta salad recipe that's a little healthier thanks to the vegetables that have been subtly incorporated and the use of a low-sugar sauce. Just as delicious as a classic pasta salad recipe, young and old alike will appreciate this one!
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) dry pasta (try other types of pasta such as multigrain or lentil)
- 3 green onions, minced
- 3 diced marinated (or fresh) red peppers
- 1 can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 12 black or Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 tbsp. Caesar salad dressing Maison Orphée
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Fresh basil, to taste
- A few kale leaves (with the central stem removed)
- 3 tbsp. sunflower oil for cooking Maison Orphée
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- While the oven is heating, cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions. Let cool.
- Coat kale with sunflower oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, until the kale is crisp; be careful, it goes from golden to charred quickly.
- Combine the dressing, tomato paste and garlic powder in a small bowl to make the sauce.
- Combine all ingredients except cabbage in a serving bowl. Garnish with the crispy cabbage and serve.