Preparation time: 10 minutes
Yield For 6 people
This quick and easy salad is perfect for summer barbeques. The combination of sweet watermelon, salty feta, tart balsamic vinegar and savoury mint gets all of your taste buds firing at the same time. For a fun and kid-friendly presentation, you can also thread these ingredients onto toothpicks or wooden skewers.
- 4 cup (1 L) seedless water melon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups (500 ml) chickpeas, drained and rinsed (optional but excellent source of protein)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) balanced extra virgin olive oil Maison Orphée
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Organic balsamic vinegar Maison Orphée
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) mint leaves, finely chopped
Arrange watermelon cubes on a large platter.
In a medium sized bowl, add feta cheese and chickpeas. Stir.
In a small bowl, add pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Pour dressing over feta cheese-chickpea mixture and toss to coat.
Spoon mixture on top of watermelon cubes.
Garnish with Mint.
For more freshness, prepare the salad just before serving.
The recipe comes from Nettie Cronish and Cara Rosenbloom's book - Nourish: Whole Food Recipes featuring Seeds, Nuts and Beans .