Preparation : 30 minutes
Cooking : 50 minutes
Yield :6 portions
- 4 cups (1 L) butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Deodorized coconut oil Maison Orphée
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) grated ginger
- 2 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 cups (1 L 250 ml) of broth or water
- 2 pinches of fine grey sea salt Maison Orphée
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Belsoy's soy cream, or liquid cream
Preheat oven to 400°F. Dry roast squash cubes until brown.
Coarsely chop the onions, carrots and garlic and sweat in a large saucepan with 2 tbsp. coconut oil and 2 tbsp. of ginger. When the onions start to soften, sprinkle the turmeric and cook for a few more seconds.
Add squash, stock, potatoes, salt and remaining fresh ginger.
Simmer until carrots and potatoes are cooked.
Blend in a blender, while adding the cream and the remaining coconut oil. Adjust seasoning if necessary.