Preparation: 15 minutes / Servings: 20 medium-sized energy balls
Waiting time: 1h to 1h30
Yield: 1 ball of dough for a pizza of about 12 inches
We recently told you our secret to bring our pizza dough to a whole new level: our flavoured extra virgin olive oils.
So we thought: why not share with you our famous homemade pizza dough recipe! To give it an absolutely divine flavor, we suggest using our extra virgin olive oil with basil.
As soon as you take your first bite, you'll say: no more store-bought pizza dough!
Basil flavoured pizza dough
- 10 g or 2 tsp dry yeast
- 150 ml warm water
- 250g or 2 cups of type 00 pizza flour
- 1 tsp. of Fine grey sea salt Maison Orphée
- 3 tbsp. of Extra virgin olive oil with basil Maison Orphée
- In a bowl, sprinkle the yeast on the water and allow to dissolve for a few minutes.
- In a second bowl, sift the flour and mix with the salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and add the oil and the water/yeast mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until the flour is incorporated.
- Then use your hands to make a ball of dough and knead for about 5 minutes on a slightly floured surface.
- Oil the bowl you just used. Place the ball back in it and cover the bowl with a plastic wrapper or a damp cloth. Place it in the oven while it is off, but with the light turned on. Add a cup of hot water in the oven to create a humid environment.
- Let the dough rise for one hour to one hour and 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has risen, remove the plastic wrapper and deflate the dough with your fist. It’s now ready to use!
Looking for inspiration for your toppings? Check out our recipe for Flavoured Summer Galette!
Photo credits Stéfanie Crevier @le_refuge_soins_naturels and Debbie Barrette @debphotographe