Preparation time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Resting time: about 15 minutes
Breakfast means granola. And why not a gourmet version to start the day with none other than our fabulous virgin sunflower oil!
This granola is perfect with yogurt, as cereal or even as a snack when you have a little craving!
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of organic virgin sunflower oil Maison Orphée
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups of multigrain flakes (La Milanaise's are perfect for this recipe!)
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup of unsalted shelled sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup of whole pecans
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. fleur de sel Maison Orphée + to taste after baking
1. Preheat oven to 300 F and line a 10''x16'' baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk the maple syrup, brown sugar and sunflower oil until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Then add and mix the previously reserved mixture until well incorporated.
4. Spread evenly the granola on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
6. Let cool and season to taste with fleur de sel.
7. Break the granola into the desired size pieces and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Notes: If you want larger pieces of granola, it is best to stir the mixture only once, after 15 minutes. When it comes out of the oven, let it cool completely before "breaking" it into pieces with your hands.
This granola will keep for up to a month or so in your pantry. However, it is very unlikely that you will not have eaten it all before then!
Photo credits Stéfanie Crevier @le_refuge_soins_naturels and Debbie Barrette @debphotographe