Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
Cooling : 1 hour
Yield : 12
How about a blueberry shrub gin and tonic to enjoy the last days of summer?
Simple to make and perfect to share with your guests, this recipe will be the star of your happy hour.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar Maison Orphée
- Ice cubes
- Tonic water
- Using a pestle, crush the blueberries in a bowl to obtain a purée of about one cup. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil over high heat and stir to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour the sweetened vinegar into the bowl with the blueberries and refrigerate the mixture for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Using a sieve, filter the preparation.
- Just before serving, fill glasses with ice cubes and add 2 tbsp of blueberry mixture and 1 oz of your choice of gin. Add tonic soda.
- Add a few blueberries for presentation, if desired.
Photo credits Stéfanie Crevier @le_refuge_soins_naturels and Debbie Barrette @debphotographer