Yield : 3 to 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 to 20 minutes
Waiting time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Recipe in partnership with Le Fit Cook and La Meunerie Milanaise.
To end the week on a high note, we offer you a vegan recipe that is as colorful as it is full of flavor. Created in collaboration with Fit Cook and Meunerie Milanaise, this recipe for chickpea and beet patties will quickly become your summer favorite!
For the chickpea and beetroot patties
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) La Milanaise organic chickpeas
- ½ cup (125 ml) raw beetroot, chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour of your choice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried herbs of your choice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of organic sunflower oil Maison Orphée (for cooking)
For the salad with pepper and turmeric dressing
- 4 cups (1 L) green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups (500 ml) chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup (250 ml) roasted red peppers, cubed
- 6-10 radishes, julienned
- ¼ cup of Yellow Turmeric Mustard Maison Orphée
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar Maison Orphée
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse the chickpeas and put them in a saucepan. Cover with vegetable stock (or water) and bring to the boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
2. Cover, remove from heat and rest for 1 hour. Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
3. Add the chickpeas and all the other ingredients for the patties except the flour to theblender . Season generously with salt and pepper, and blend to make the mixture as smooth as possible. This should take about 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add the flour to the blender and blend again. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the mixture to set slightly.
5. Shape about 9 patties with your hands.
6. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 3 to 4 tbsp (45 ml) of organic sunflower oil and brown patties for 2 minutes on each side.
7. Put all the salad ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
8. Serve the patties with the salad and an extra drizzle of vinaigrette.
When they come out of the pan, put the patties on a paper towel to remove the excess oil. Then, while they are still hot, add a pinch of salt. These two small steps will make these appetizing pink patties a real treat!