Preparation : 30 minutes
Serving: 2 persons
At Maison Orphée, we like to eat healthy. But we also like to treat ourselves from time to time. So here's one of the most comforting dishes on our site: fish and chips.here is one of the most comforting dishes on our site: fish and chips. Perfect for when you want to indulge yourself while making sure you're cooking with the best ingredients.
For frying batter
- 1 cup (250 ml) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) starch
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) Brown beer
- 500 g white fish (Tilapia, haddock...)
- Flour to dip the fish in before putting in the frying batter
For sweet potato fries
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into sticks
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) deodorized sunflower oil Maison Orphée
- 1 pinch of Fleur de sel Maison Orphée
For the sauce
- 4 tbsp. (60 mL) Fresh Mayonnaise Maison Orphée
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) prepared horseradish (if the jar is new, remove some liquid before measuring your tablespoon)
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 425°F(220°C ).
Mix the frying batter ingredients. Reserve.
In a mixing bowl, combine sweet potatoes and sunflower oil.
Transfer to a baking sheet. Place in oven until fries are golden brown.
Mix all the ingredients together for the sauce. Reserve.
Dip the fish sticks in the flour, coat it with the frying batter and cook in the sunflower oil at high temperature.