Preparation: 25 minutes
Yield : about 10 chocolates
Here's a healthier but still delicious version of the chocolates everyone loves. Try our homemade "Reese's" chocolates recipe now, you'll be surprised at how easy it is to make them.
Ingredients:For the filling
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) creamy peanut butter (or sub with any almond or cashew butter)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Virgin coconut oil Maison Orphée
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) maple syrup
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) coconut flour (or 5 tbsp almond flour)
- 1 pinch of fine grey sea salt Maison Orphée
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Deodorized coconut oil Maison Orphée
- 150 g dark chocolate
For the filling
Whisk together all the ingredients for the filling until smooth and homogeneous.
Put parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Form dough into small balls of dough and place equal portions on the baking sheet (around 10 to 12 balls).
Shape into a Easter shape or any shape of your choice using your fingers if you want. Wet your finger with water to prevent them from sticking.
Put the baking sheet in the freezer.
For the chocolate
To make outer chocolate layer, melt coconut oil and broken up chocolate bar using the bain marie method or in the microwave.
Using a fork, dip the paste in the chocolate and place them on the baking sheet.
Place back in the freezer to harden.
Once hardened you can use any remaining chocolate layer to create zigzag pattern on the chocolates. Enjoy!
Keep the chocolates in the refrigerator (1 week) or in the freezer.
Recipe and photo credits Stéfanie Crevier @le_refuge_soins_naturels