Preparation time: 15 minutes
Yield 20 medium sized energy balls
For the return to school, here is a nutritious and ideal snack to put in your lunch box.
Filled with good ingredients to give an energy boost, these date energy balls are a delight to nibble on at any time of the day!
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) pitted dates
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) almonds or cashews or other nuts of choice
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) virgin coconut oil Maison Orphée
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon olive oil Maison Orphée
- 1 to 2 teaspoons (10 mL ) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. (3 mL) fleur de sel Maison Orphée
- 1/2 grated Tonka bean (optional)
- Put the dates a few seconds in the microwave to soften them a little.
- In a food processor, start by chopping the cashews or almonds, then add dates, cocoa, oils and cinnamon. (If dates are a little dry, the food processor will shake a little, hold it with one hand). Form a fairly firm dough.
- Make small energy balls. Store in the fridge for half an hour.
- Optional: melt chocolate pellets in a double boiler with organic deodorized coconut oil Maison Orphée and dip the balls in it. To make it prettier, dip only half of your balls in the chocolate and roll the others in the cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel.